Khema Nepal was registered as an NGO in Nepal in late 2016 to help disadvantaged Nepali women with pelvic organ prolapse who want treatment, but are unable to afford it.
Khema World’s mission is to substantially improve the Quality of Life (QOL) of disadvantaged women in Nepal suffering from pelvic organ prolapse, by providing free comprehensive medical treatments.
- To significantly improve the quality of life of poor Nepali women suffering from pelvic organ prolapse.
- To reduce the incidence of pelvic organ prolapse and maternal morbidity among Nepalese women.
- To provide linkages between disadvantaged Nepalese women and reproductive health care services available in Nepal, and highlight the significance of taking proactive measures and seeking care for reproductive health related illnesses.
- To provide free comprehensive medical treatment to 400 poor Nepali women with pelvic organ prolapse from January 2017 to December 2018.
- To provide comprehensive counseling to patients and their caretakers through health care professionals and health lecturers on prevention measures for pelvic organ prolapse and for post-surgery care to ensure full recovery.
- To develop educational materials related to pelvic organ prolapse for high school students that is comprehensible, culturally specific and easily accessible. Currently, there is no such information available to school students.
- To partner with local health centers, district hospitals, governmental and nongovernmental organizations and media outlets to educate the general public about the availability of health services and facilities in Nepal.